about image

Frequently Asked Questions

If your question isn’t answered below, please Contact Us

Q.  The Council insists that the affordable housing land/units are transferred freehold to Registered Providers (RP) on their preferred RP partners’ list — is this correct?

A.  The LPA cannot insist that you transfer the freehold — leasehold is fine. Furthermore, you are at liberty to contract with any Registered Provider/Housing Association of your choosing. It may be possible for the developer or a non RP/Housing Association to own/manage the affordable housing themselves.

Click here to return to Frequently Asked Questions

All rights reserved. Copyright © 2014 affordable housing 106